The mobile boom has accelerated the growth of tremendous mobile technologies, which enterprises can no longer overlook or pretend to ignore. Mobile cloud testing is one of them.
Mobile application testing has become a far greater challenge vis-Ã -vis desktop and web based application testing. It brings its own distinct challenges. Among those challenges, enterprises face
- Platform/device fragmentation: Mobile apps are deployed across devices which have different operating systems, user interfaces, versions and manufacturers. It gets challenging to ensure multi-device, multi-platform compatibility of the app
- High costs on mobile test infrastructures: There is a great deal of investment that goes in establishing a robust infrastructure. An investment in testing tools, server configurations, licensing and testing resources is needed for enterprises looking into going mobile.
- Application lifecycle testing: Frequent upgrades, wide use of agile development methodologies, end-user experience are factors that are broadening the mobile testing scope.
Therefore, there is a need to find better and cost-effective solutions that not only reduces test infrastructure costs but increases test quality. Mobile cloud testing offers a web based access to a huge number of real devices to live networks, where testers located anywhere in the world can deploy, automate and test the mobile application.
Why should you think Cloud Testing?
- Cloud-based testing can give instantaneous access to hundreds of handset platforms like iPhone, Android, BlackBerry etc. It enables enterprises to respond immediately to emerging trends and new products, thereby creating a competitive advantage for the enterprises.
- It saves enterprises time and helps in overcoming project delays, as enterprises no more have to setup on-premise test environments. Also, there is no investment needed in advanced testing tools, server, configurations, licensing and testing resources
- The preconfigured and highly regulated architectures in the cloud environment, drastically reduces the defects, thereby improving quality of tests to a great extent
- You can get real time testing results, which means defects can be analyzed while the tests are running.
- Cloud testing offers high scalability to assess application capacity thresholds
- Cloud based testing enhances collaboration between globally distributed teams by providing direct access to mobile handsets and test scenarios