You might have designed the application for a current business requirement, but things can change very rapidly in the world of mobile. There are ‘externalities’ like device conformity, different carriers, changes in app store regulations, different OS’s etc. which constantly impact performance.
It is critical that organizations anticipating deployment of business application, identify and anticipate potential issues that may affect its performance. Here’s what enterprises should do to ensure its app’s success:
- Collect information on what platforms, OS’s, carriers and devices your customer use. This can help to zero in on problems in production and prioritize testing efforts.
- Collect information on crashes and errors— where and when they happen, and how frequently. Keeping a trail through user’s session will help in analyzing what they did before the error appeared.
- Measure engagement metrics, as it is very important for an app’s success. This will not only help you know about any performance problems the app may be having but will also help understand where the opportunities for improvement lie.
- Analyze and implement customer feedback immediately. Timing is everything, if you don’t respond to feedbacks quickly, its value tends to degrade over time. This can result in app ratings to fall which can create a negative image of your brand.
- Last but not the least, consider using mobile user-management tools and analytic services to aid the above efforts. There is an ever-expanding list of tools, frameworks, and services available for mobile measurement. Users judge any business on the quality of their experience. So why shouldn’t you? You just need to pick the one that best meet your needs.